Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Catching up

Well after a little vaca of a girlz getaway I am back to the challenge at Home Life Simplified. I really struggled with the Week 3 Challenge - Mission Statement. Floundering around - I think I have decided that I have struggled because I had this idea it should be something profound and new. But I found myself coming back to week two and the core values. These values are my mission statement. So I am re-posting Week 2 and I feel very comfortable with this as my mission statement.



The journaling goes like this:

individuality
I believe God made each of us special with our own qualities
-so let them shine.
family
I believe in family - my family is my everything
-life begins and ends with family
equality
I believe we are all created equal
- we all smile - we all hurt.
love
I believe in love
- love is what started it all - it makes us exist
life
I believe in living - you only get one life
- experience it.

I will do my best to live my values.

On to Week 4 Challenge - Wheel of Life

This was not quite so challenging - actually quite refreshing - but I felt compelled to look forward and set goals to what I want to work towards. Am excited to print and frame this for my mom cave and use it as a visual goal.


My areas are Faith, Family, Health, Create, Finances, Experience, Learn, and Simplify. Some of them I am very sure of and some over lap each other and are hazy. I realize my goal is a lopsided but I am being realistic and realizing the finances in this society are just going to be a constant struggle - but I hope to make them better and not stressful. This was such a enlightening  activity!!

I am loving this challenge - come find yourself at http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/52-weeks-to-simplify-your-life-challenge/

1 comment:

  1. Love how you did your mission statement - beautiful and simple words! With your wheel goal - "lopsided" is normal and also make note of your starting point as you may take ,longer to reach the long term goal of something that was a 1 or 2 vs something that was a 3 or 4 to start with...

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete