Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Letting Go . . .

This week Deb's challenge was as follows:

"Take time for some self reflection and see if there is anything in your life where changing your expectations / standards / approach could change your life. Is there something you can let go of  (or approach differently) that does not currently serve you?"

This week is starting out with a feeling of being overwhelmed easily -  I missed last weeks challenge by what I am sure was just the international date line - I have a list that doesn't end - I have a momcave that I am trying to simplify and still have a room full of stuff I can let go of - but have no room for it in the momcave. 



So the question arises "Is there something you can let go of or approach differently that does not currently serve you?"

Yes - I am blinded by a curtain of overwhelm - I need to update my daily decor of life - so i step back take a look at it - breathe - and say this is just a curtain - open it up to God's big beautiful life  - pick up one thing and deal with that - then pick up another. Pretty soon my curtain will look like a blind!!





The stuff that overwhelms me is really quite trivial - I just need to realize that at the moment. It is not the stuff that really matters in life.




Open the blinds and let the sun shine.




I feel better already - Thanks for listening.



1 comment:

  1. I love your post! I've been known to say 'don't sweat the small stuff' for a while. My problem is that I often turn the small stuff in to big stuff and forget that I should be letting it go! I hope you manage to turn your curtain in to a blind :)

    ReplyDelete