Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gratitude

This Challenge thing is great - I am feeling good about this commitment as I have been keeping up with my challenges fairly well and building confidence with these weekly inspiration. Thank You so much to Deb!! Our Home Life Simplified assignment this week was to  incorporated Kindness and Gratitude into your daily routine. Once again I have ventured into my momcave to create - this time actually got my hands into it (felt so good to feel the paper and the glue!!) and created a Gratitude Journal.



I have spend a little time at the end of each day reflecting on 5 things that I am grateful to/for each day. Saying a little pray to God thanking him for each of them. And after making a conscience effort to do this each day I realize I am feeling a sense of calm. Peace.
Random acts of Kindness is a easy thing for me - I have long since learn that one of the things that gives me peace is doing something small like opening a door or helping someone with a small task makes me feel good inside. In our house RAK's (random acts of kindness) earn you feathers for your wings when you get to heaven. This week I have done some RAK's such as tape quarters to a pop machine so the next person can have a free pop - sent some "just thinking of you" cards, help the elderly at the grocery store etc. I love Deb's idea of leaving notes in a book at the library - going to have to do that one!

Once again I can't say enough how this challenge has calmed me. Peace.


May Peace be with you this week.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ Melanie

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that a lot of blogs this week have spoken of calm. I love the way you explain RAK's in your house. Very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete