Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happiness Defined


I  have a favorite book titled  How We Choose To Be Happy
 by Rick Foster and Greg Hicks.

 I reread this book at least once a year - when I need to be grounded  in what makes me happy. The main theory is how we get to choose to be happy - and it covers the nine choices of truly happy people.

1. Intention
2. Accountability
3. Identification
4. Centrality
5. Recasting
6. Options
7. Appreciation
8. Giving
9. Truthfulness

 I go over this list when I am questioning my happiness and like I said grounds me  - I have no false happiness.

My list for what makes me happy is this:

My two beautiful children and everything about them - good and bad - God made them special and he gave them to me to rejoice in.

My soul-mate - we were created for each other

Taking care of my loved ones and friends doing things for others - this includes little stuff like helping with homework to washing the college girl clothes - I find great joy in doing things that make someones day a little easier. And that makes me happy

Creating - makes me very happy - it is part of the talents God gave me - and I enjoy using them

 Of course there is lot more that makes me happy - I am a find the happy in any situation kinda girl. But this is the root list - - I too am still trying to find my momcave - limiting my time on the computer - so this is a short post with no creative hands on artsy stuff to add - but I am still playing the challenge and it makes me happy for staying on task. 

Thanks for checking out my post and if the challenge interests you - join in over at Home Life Simplified- Its great and fun also if you are a reader check out How we Choose to be Happy  and great book and staple in my llife.

Have a Great Week and remember




 

No comments:

Post a Comment